Sunday, March 22, 2009

Studio Recordings

You know, it was so great when they started having those Studio Recordings in Season 6. Much better than waiting for a CD in the middle of the season with one Studio track by each idol. It must be so exciting for all the Idols to go into the recording studio every week and sing a full version of their song. Great training for their real careers. I bet for a lot of them, this is their first time in the recording studio. (This year I believe Matt G., Kris, Anoop, Scott and others I can't remember had CDs out before so probably for all of them it's no big deal but it's a big deal to me! I feel so happy and proud of them.)

However, my advice is... let's get a studio recording of the group song of the week. Especially, since they are PRE-RECORDING them (more on that later) wouldn't it just be so easy to release that stupid track to iTunes? I like group songs. Lots of people don't like them, but I do. One of the best tracks on the Season 1 CD is the group recording of California Dreamin'. And let's face it. 8 out of those 10 finalists sucked at singing. But the California Dreamin' is great!

So I hope TPTB will consider this. Who knows. I might actually BUY it! (probably not.)

My fave studio recording out of all seasons probably has to be You Give Love a Bad Name by Blake in season 6. I tried to find a youtube but alas... no luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment